Born in a traditional Hindustani Classical Music family in Kankhal, Haridwar. Shri Harshavardhan Joshi, known as Harsh Hardwari, discovered his interest in music at an early age. He started practising music at the age of 4. At home, he got the initial music education from his mother Smt. Hemlata Joshi Ji and his father Dr. Pramod Kumar Joshi Ji. As he grew, harsha started giving stage performances as a Tabla Solo Artist, Tabla Accompanist (with Hindustani Classical Vocal, All Light Music styles, Instrumental), Harmonium Player, and Accompanist. As a vocalist, he performed as a Music Singer, Music Composer, Music Treater. Now, Harsha is nourishing new talents as a music teacher and spares his time in writing Hindi and Urdu Poetry.
Life Journey of Harsha
During his adolescent age, Shri Harshavardhan Joshi has achieved many accolades and recognition at an early age of his life. But in the year 2000, he was diagnosed with a severe disease which caused him to be on the bed for almost a decade. He was tested for best of his patience and beyond that his faith in God to be back again to live his passion and purpose of his life that is MUSIC. In the year 2011, he recovered and started his musical journey. During his time of struggling with the disease, he experienced the different dimensions and perspective of Life and the true power of Music. He learned Guitar and violin while he was in bed and discovered his passion for Hindi and Urdu poetry and started writing Songs, Ghazals, Bhajans. His firm determination and his lively passion for music gave him a new life and new strength to emerge as a better Human being.
As mentioned above being a born in a traditional Hindustani Classical Music family in Kankhal, Haridwar. His mother Smt. Hemlata Joshi Ji, who taught music as subject in different schools primarily Vidya Mandir Inter College Main Building and Junior Wing, Sec 1, BHEL, Haridwar and his father Dr. Pramod Kumar Joshi Ji, who has been a famous Tabla player and has been awarded with many accolades from famous Music Organizations, Institutions, Universities, and Societies. His father had accompanied Tabla with famous Bhajan Singer of India, “Bhajan Samrat” Hon’ble Shri Anup Jalota Ji.
- Rhythmic Instruments –
- Indian – Tabla (Classical & Light), Dholak and Naal
- Western – Bango, Kango and Chango
- Tonal Instruments – Harmonium, Synthesizer/Keyboard (Casio) and Guitar
- Vocal – Hindustani Classical and Light Music
Special Talent in Music Performances & Trainings
- Playing Tabla Solo and Tabla Accompaniment
- Singing with playing Harmonium from an early age
- Writing Notation of any Tonal or Rhythmic Composition whether it is classical or Light
- Composing new Naghma (Lehra) in different Raaga and Taal on Harmonium.
- Composing Music for Geet, Bhajan and Ghazal (Light Music Style)
- Training Students for any vocal & instrumental competition or cultural program.
- Received “Utkrishtha Pratibha Samman” in field of Music from former Mayor of Haridwar city and Shri J.C. Jain, the well-known industrialist of Haridwar.
- Received the honour, “Medhaavi Chaatra Alankarana” in music, at Haridwar in 2016. The award is given by Mahamana Seva Sansthan, Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
Being a commerce Graduate from S.M.J.N. P.G. College, Haridwar (Meerut University). Shri Harshvardhan has achieved his authentic music education from the reputed music organization of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- Master of Art (Tabla) from Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani, Nainital
- Sangeet Visharad II (Instrumental Tabla) from Bhatkhande Sangeet Vidyapeeth, Lucknow, UP
- Sangeet Prabhakar (Tabla & Vocal) from Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad, UP
- Senior Diploma (Harmonium) from Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad, UP
- Junior Diploma (Guitar) from from Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad, UP
Specific Educational Achievements
- 8 times NET Qualified from Music subject
- One time SET Uttarakhand Qualified
- Drawing Diploma from I.G.D Bombay of Govt. of Maharashtra